Musing with Max

Musing with Max

March 2, 2015

Cabin Fever

Winter doesn't want to leave. I'm sick of being in the house. And I'm not the only one.


Lying around gets a little dull so he tries other positions,


other corners,


it's still boring. March roared in yesterday with another dump of fresh snowfall on top of the two feet of ice which makes it hard to walk around, sometimes it's solid, sometimes you go right through,


so it's best to stay inside and not deal with it. Luckily I love to cook so I can spend most of the day on one dish and enjoy it, like my favorite chicken pot pie,



or this incredible pasta Genovese in the New York Times Magazine,




except we served it with polenta.

I've started to experiment with smoothies which is a good thing since I'm a terrible fruit eater and this is one way of getting them,


the one on the right has yogurt, blueberries, pineapple, almond butter and kale. The one on the left I invented, it has chocolate almond milk, raspberries, yogurt and kale. I put the kale in because I think kale and or spinach are a smoothie staple, I guess it's to get people to eat their greens. I don't have a problem there as I am a big greens fan but I like that I'm getting my fruits. I may experiment some more, bananas or something, we'll see.

I have a pile of books I'm trying to get through.

I've, or should I say we've, become addicted to binge TV watching. Have gone through one season of Lillyhammer, one season of The Blacklist, 2 seasons of House of Cards and are now racing through Breaking Bad. We are almost at the end of season 2 and need to step it up to complete then entire 5 seasons because House of Cards season 3 is ready to be streamed!

I'm reminded of a very sad song by Phil Collins, "The Roof is Leaking"


"Spring will soon be here, I hope we can wait"

I think I need an intervention

9 comments:

  1. Ha--I love those pictures of Max! Do you have a favorite chicken pot pie recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He just lies about all day and then when he does go outside he wants to come back in because his paws can't stand the ice and salt, poor baby :( Yes, it's this one. The New York Times had printed it years ago, it was an article on what restaurants feed their staffs; this one was from The Quilted Giraffe, remember them?

      Delete
  2. Well, I won't intervene - we've binge watched the Swedish version of The Bridge, countless British crime series, the current season of House of Cards in three days, all of the Blacklist but I cannot watch Breaking Bad… go figure!
    You should bring Max over to play with Addie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops did I just add another to my list? My reading is suffering badly! We are addicted to Breaking Bad, into season 3 already, we need to hurry have to get to House of Cards. I would but I'm not sure I can get through your mountains of snow. Winter needs to go away.

      Delete
  3. We're living I side a snow globe here in Virginia. I've cooked, am binge watching House Of Cards season three and am snacking like a wild woman'. Only one day and I'm already done.

    Want. Spring. Now.

    So J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE ARE GETTING CLOBBERED! I think you are too, don’t tell me anything I need to finish Breaking Bad, already into season 3----need to finish nit And get into House of Cards!!!!! Do I sound crazy, no I don’t.

      Delete
  4. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete